Northside Medical Center
Since 1984, Northside Medical Center (formerly Hughston Hospital) in Columbus has provided excellence in clinical quality and patient satisfaction. This licensed 100-bed, acute-care hospital provides a full range of orthopedic and rehabilitative services. This facility is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding clinical quality accompanied by the highest levels of customer service and a growing array of additional medical and surgical services. The hospital provides a full range of services for knee and hip joint replacement, spine treatment and surgery, hand and upper extremity, advanced reconstructive and trauma surgery, and physical rehabilitation services.
Building upon its 100th percentile ranking in nationally reported clinical process and patient satisfaction scores (CMS Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program Simulated Hospital Report, June 2012), Northside Medical Center has received state approval to develop an Emergency Department. Once completed, Northside Medical Center's will be able to further meet the needs of north Columbus and Harris County for generations to come.
Northside Medical Center understands the value of community. That's why the staff is involved in a range of community activities, such as local health expos, stroke risk assessments and even leading a variety of support groups for patients and their families. Northside Medical Center routinely offers free, educational seminars on a variety of orthopedic topics on a monthly basis. Northside Medical Center has also partnered with a local elementary school, giving hospital employees an opportunity to donate items for the students and volunteer throughout the year.
Recent Awards, Accreditations and Recognitions
In 2015, Northside Medical Center was awarded several awards, recognitions and accreditations for continued dedication to quality patient care. A summary of these achievements can be seen below:
- First Place- Partnership for Health and Accountability Quality and Patient Safety Award
- Sixth consecutive year- Circle of Excellence Award
- Healthgrades: Patient Safety Excellence Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award
- Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence Award
- Healthgrades: Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2013,2014,2015)
- 100 percent composite score in core measures from The Joint Commission
- One of three hospitals to receive a five-star rating from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for their performance in patient satisfaction
- Recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the cleanest hospitals in Georgia
- Top performer award for surgical care, venous thromboembolism (blood clots) care and immunizations (2012, 2014, 2015)
- Recognized by Georgia Trend as the top 2015 hospital in Georgia for hospitals sized 100-249 beds
- Full accreditation by The Joint Commission
- College of American Pathologist Laboratory
- The Joint Commission for Stroke Rehabilitation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction for Knee, Hip and Spine
- American College of Radiology in Computed Tomography, Nuclear Medicine
In 2011, Northside Medical Center offers a stroke support group for stroke survivors, traumatic brain injury patients and their families and caregivers. The weekly support group is open to the public and is led by community volunteers and other survivors.
Hughston Hospital, Inc. d/b/a Northside Medical Center
Accredited by The Joint Commission