Northside Medical Center
Since 1984, Northside Medical Center (formerly Hughston Hospital) in Columbus has provided excellence in clinical quality and patient satisfaction. This licensed 100-bed, acute-care hospital provides a full range of orthopedic and rehabilitative services. This facility is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding clinical quality accompanied by the highest levels of customer service and a growing array of additional medical and surgical services. The hospital provides a full range of services for knee and hip joint replacement, spine treatment and surgery, hand and upper extremity, advanced reconstructive and trauma surgery, and physical rehabilitation services.
Building upon its 100th percentile ranking in nationally reported clinical process and patient satisfaction scores (CMS Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program Simulated Hospital Report, June 2012), Northside Medical Center has received state approval to develop an Emergency Department. Once completed, Northside Medical Center's will be able to further meet the needs of north Columbus and Harris County for generations to come.
Northside Medical Center understands the value of community. That's why the staff is involved in a range of community activities, such as local health expos, stroke risk assessments and even leading a variety of support groups for patients and their families. Northside Medical Center routinely offers free, educational seminars on a variety of orthopedic topics on a monthly basis. Northside Medical Center has also partnered with a local elementary school, giving hospital employees an opportunity to donate items for the students and volunteer throughout the year. We also provide the addition of complimentary valet parking for our patients.
Recent Awards, Accreditations and Recognitions
Northside Medical Center has been awarded several awards, recognitions and accreditations for continued dedication to quality patient care. A summary of these achievements can be seen below:
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2013-2016)
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2013-2016)
- America’s Best Employers and America’s Best Midsize Employers to Columbus Regional Health (2016-2017)
- 100 percent composite score in Core Measures from the Joint Commission (2015-2016)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services 5 Star Rating (2016)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services double 5 Star Rating (2017)
- Cleanest hospitals in Georgia (2015-2016)
- Georgia Hospital Association First Place Award to Columbus Regional Health (2017)
- Georgia Hospital Association Second Place Award to Northside Medical Center (2017)
- Georgia Hospital Association Circle of Excellence Award (2017)
- First Place- Partnership for Health and Accountability Quality and Patient Safety Award
- Sixth consecutive year- Circle of Excellence Award
- Healthgrades: Patient Safety Excellence Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award (2015)
- Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence Award(2015)
- Healthgrades: Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2013,2014,2015)
- Top performer award for surgical care, venous thromboembolism (blood clots) care and immunizations (2012, 2014, 2015)
- Recognized by Georgia Trend as the top 2015 hospital in Georgia for hospitals sized 100-249 beds
- Full accreditation by The Joint Commission
- College of American Pathologist Laboratory
- The Joint Commission for Stroke Rehabilitation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction for Knee, Hip and Spine
- American College of Radiology in Computed Tomography, Nuclear Medicine
Beginning in 2011, Northside Medical Center offers a stroke support group for stroke survivors, traumatic brain injury patients as well as their families and caregivers. The weekly support group is open to the public and is led by community volunteers and other survivors.
Hughston Hospital, Inc. d/b/a Northside Medical Center
Accredited by The Joint Commission