Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus
Since 1984, Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus, a 100-bed hospital in Columbus, GA, has provided excellence in clinical quality and patient satisfaction. As a licensed acute-care hospital, Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus provides an extensive range of surgical, rehabilitative and other medical services. It’s nationally recognized for delivering outstanding clinical quality accompanied by the highest levels of customer service.
This hospital in Columbus, GA offers an array of orthopedic services for knee and hip joint replacement, spine treatment and surgery, hand and upper extremity, advanced reconstructive and trauma surgery and physical rehabilitation.
One of the top ranked hospitals in Georgia, Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus will soon add to the services it provides as an acute care hospital. In April 2018, a new 11,000 square feet Emergency Department will open. Far more than a simple emergency room, the new Emergency Department will offer state-of-the-art technology and excellent care to residents in North Columbus and Harris County for generations to come. The new addition includes dedicated emergency department patient drop off and ambulance entrances with 10 mixed acuity exams rooms.
Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus understands the value of community. That's why the staff is involved in a range of community activities, such as local health expos, stroke risk assessments and even leading a variety of support groups for patients and their families. Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus routinely offers free, educational seminars on a variety of orthopedic topics on a monthly basis. Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus has also partnered with a local elementary school, giving hospital employees an opportunity to donate items for the students and volunteer throughout the year. We also provide the addition of complimentary valet parking for our patients.
Recent Awards, Accreditations and Recognitions
Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus has been awarded several awards, recognitions and accreditations for continued dedication to quality patient care in an acute care setting. A summary of these achievements can be seen below:
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2013-2016)
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2013-2016)
- America’s Best Employers and America’s Best Midsize Employers to Piedmont Columbus Regional (2016-2017)
- 100 percent composite score in Core Measures from the Joint Commission (2015-2016)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services 5 Star Rating (2016)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services double 5 Star Rating (2017)
- Cleanest hospitals in Georgia (2015-2016)
- Georgia Hospital Association First Place Award to Piedmont Columbus Regional (2017)
- Georgia Hospital Association Second Place Award to Northside Medical Center (2017)
- Georgia Hospital Association Circle of Excellence Award (2017)
- First Place- Partnership for Health and Accountability Quality and Patient Safety Award
- Sixth consecutive year- Circle of Excellence Award
- Healthgrades: Patient Safety Excellence Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award (2015)
- Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence Award(2015,2017)
- Healthgrades: Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2013,2014,2015)
- Top performer award for surgical care, venous thromboembolism (blood clots) care and immunizations (2012, 2014, 2015)
- Recognized by Georgia Trend as the top 2015 hospital in Georgia for hospitals sized 100-249 beds
- Full accreditation by The Joint Commission
- College of American Pathologist Laboratory
- The Joint Commission Certification for Stroke Rehabilitation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction for Knee, Hip and Spine
- American College of Radiology in Computed Tomography, Nuclear Medicine
Beginning in 2011, Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside Campus offers a stroke support group for stroke survivors, traumatic brain injury patients as well as their families and caregivers. The weekly support group is open to the public and is led by community volunteers and other survivors.
Hughston Hospital, Inc. d/b/a Piedmont Columbus Regional Northside
Accredited by The Joint Commission